Thursday, December 3, 2009

Why do people feel they have to make up new names for their children?

There are plenty of good names already. We don't need new ones. On the list of stupid names: Taben, DaShawn, Taquisha, LaQuisha, just about anybody on American Idol has a stupid name, Haven, any number of others.


Also, if you want the best answer give me a good example of a stupid name.Why do people feel they have to make up new names for their children?
Okay, I went to school with a set of twins (this was about 13 years ago). Their names were:





Lemonjelo (pronounced lemon jello)


Orangelo (pronounced orange jello)








STUPID, STUPID STUPID names!!!Why do people feel they have to make up new names for their children?
I don't think any of those names you listed are ';stupid';.
I know exactly what you mean!!!!!!


BUT the thing I hate even more is when people pick a normal name and spell it wrong so it is individual!!!


Don't they realize that their child's teacher and friends and even family will never spell their name right? Then the parents will complain to everyone that their kid's name is always spelt wrong!


My kids all have names that I can find on a toothbrush!
i grew up with 6 other girls in my class that had the same name as me, and i absolutely HATED it. i don't want my kids to have to put up with that, they need to be seen as individuals.





but i do agree with you that some parents take it a little too far. i've heard of a woman that named her daughter placenta because she heard the word in the delivery room and thought it sounded pretty. disgusting.
I agree some names are pretty dumb. There are also some pretty good ones as well. I don't agree however why they make up weird ones like the ones you listed. Some of the ones I know of are Shaqueefa (sounds like the fart that comes out of your you know what), Zaraya, Tashawna, or Xander.
African Americans aren't the only people who give their children stupid made up names as you are insinuating. Think about it, Apple, Co-Co ( I know several dogs by that name) and Kal-el (it sounds like something that Superman would be called on his home planet and let's not forget Soliel Moon. I also believe that the world would be a boring place if everyone was named John, Mary, Michael, Jill etc.
Okay some wants to have individuality and creativity in their children's name sothey create strange names like Kubodola


or Terbusutan or Asalboleje or Zakarburuk


Well unfortunately for some language,this strange names are actually swear words
I think brain damage is to blame. How about Dablingya? Laquifya?
Those are bad, I must admit. My own personal pet peeve is taking a name and changing the spelling to make it 'unique'... one of my daughter's classmates is called ';Djenifare';... or Jennifer. Khloé is another example or Jasmyn, etc.





What is worse, if you chose a name that has fallen out of fashion and is little used, people look at you strangely and ask if it is a 'family name'.





Sigh
because everyone is dying to come up with the next most trendy unique name for their child. and even if it is an already established name, i have seen some spellings that i couldn't even pronounce. i mean really, is it necessary to replace every i with a y. some lady the other day wanted to name her kid camaro.
I agree with all the names in your list. LaQuisha? Give me a break. That's what I sound like when I sneeze, it's a crappy name. DaShawn....seriuosly. How about just SHAWN? LOL.





I agree with you. My kids have normal names, I didn't need to go out on a limb to make them DIFFERENT. Kids will be inidividuals even if you do give them normal ';Plain-Jane'; names, I wish people would figure that out.
Brecken, Jayden, Brayden. SUCH GAY NAMES and I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU! Why are people making up stupid names for these children?
No offense to black America, although they will take offense anyway, but their names are barely pronouncible...I don't want best answer, so.......
D'Brickashaw. I dont mind people making up names, as much as people that give their kids 2 first names.
Oh amen !!!!!!!!! But you are going to get alot of bad coments from moms that want their child to have a ';uncomon name'; on called them weird names and they thought it was horible.





These moms that give the kids 2 middle names please !!!!!!!!!! that is so lame. Do you not think about what the child will have to deal with all their life.......


My name that I was born with is....Jocelyn Tamera Jolee followed by my last name I HATE IT. I go by Tammy.





And poeple who spell it weird are just making the child have a hard time learning to spell.





What do they care its not their name
Sorry to bring it up, but why were the names you brought associated with African American people? lol. Even though I admit I'm glad that I don't have a name like that. There's nothing wrong with making up names. The world would be more boring if EVERYONE was named something like John, David, Jessica, or Ashely.


I think the stupidest names I ever heard were given to the innocent children of celebrities;





Apple


Kal-el Coppola


Moon Unit


Tiger Lily Heavenly Hirani


Little Pixie


Sage Moon Blood





too name a few





-all real names
I agree. What the heck ever happened to James, Mary, John, Anne, etc? My kids will not have freakishly-weird names!
I understand what you're saying.... some names are quite mean.... but.... you can't be the one who decides which names are proper or weird. If you went into some countries with your name... they might wonder why your mother would name you such a thing. Lots of names go back to culture and though it's weird to us.. it's not weird to them.. and they don't really care what we think. There's exceptions though... cuz I've seen some pretty crazy ones for no good reason but to be different.
Jeremadgesty (Yes a stupid name)





I agree with you
Some people feel the need to be different. I dont agree with some of these names but its not my child. My boys have ';normal'; names, Eric and Ethan.





Names I didn't care for....





Thane


Mathia


Zander
For the first poster - Brecken, Brayden and Jayden are not GAY names - get a life! I named my son Braeden, and I can assure you that I didn't make it up.





The dumbest name I've ever seen was Nackhole - pronounced Nicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder