Thursday, December 3, 2009

How many modules do you need to make up a Maths AS level?

I am going to enter myself into the exams, but I need to know if it is just C1 and C2, or if I need C3/S1/M1 to make it a real AS levelHow many modules do you need to make up a Maths AS level?
For AS Level Maths, you can do either one of the following combinations:


a) C1 and C2


b) C1 and M1


c) C1 and S1





When you get to A Level Maths, you can then do 2 other combinations, but not C2; i.e.


a) C3 and M2 (if M1 has already been taken)


b) C3 and M1 (if M1 has not been taken before)


c) C3 and S2 (if S1 has already been taken)


d) C3 and S1 (if S1 has not been taken before)





BTW, this is for the May/Jun programme.How many modules do you need to make up a Maths AS level?
I teach IGCSE, AS and A Level Maths, so I guess I have to know it. :D Report Abuse

Its 3, C1 and C2 are compulsory and I did C1 C2 and M1
AS-level Further Mathematics is assessed by one or two papers on Pure Maths, in which some topics are taken further than in the 'single-subject' AS/A-level, and some new topics are introduced; one or two papers in Mechanics or Statistics must also be taken to give a total of three modules
it's 3. I did C1, C2, and S1. Your teacher should tell you all of this, the first one you do in the jan exams, and the second 2 papers are in the summer. One may be coursework, i'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder