Thursday, December 10, 2009

What is the best make-up line available at Sephora or Ulta?

I am looking for an all around make up line that can create an even Believable complextion as well as good eye liner, shadow etc..... any help ?





P.s. what are your thoughts on the line Make-up foreverWhat is the best make-up line available at Sephora or Ulta?
I haven't used Makeup forever, but it's used extensively in the theatre industry, so it's meant to be a bit more...dramatic.





I have a few products that I love: Bare Minerals/Escentuals foundations, powder color, warmth, glow, eyebrow colors and the like. I do also love their blushes. I have not yet really tried their eyeliners, but I have the stuff, so I'll try it.





I am hopelessly addicted to Stila Smudge Pots for eyeliner. They are great, thin, thick, dramatic, subtle, it looks great. There is a brush they recommend to use with it, and I highly recommend it. I thought it would only be good for a more dramatic line, but it's great for thick and thin.





Shu Uemura has the best eyelash curler and mascara, hands down. The curler is affordable ($16, I think) but the mascara is pricey ($30), but boy, it was worth every penny, I thought. Not at Sephora, a great mascara is Sonia Kashuk, carried by Target. It's cheap and great.





Ulta's brand is good and affordable. I've used their mascara, and I have sparse but long lashes, and it was a little goopy for me. If you have a thicker lash, this will probably be a good choice for you.





I recently bought a Nars lipcolor, and I love that, too. I did buy a Nars bronzer, and I never use it, it doesn't go on that well for me, whereas the Bare Escentuals warmth gives me the look I want with a little more sunkissed than the my-skin-is-too-pale-and-this-looks-ridic鈥?look I was getting with the Nars.





Honorable mention also goes to Urban Decay. I'm hopelessly addicted to their color ';Gash'; and have it in the lipgloss (a pot) and the nailpolish. Lots of fun makeup, more than something you can wear regularly.





Good luck!What is the best make-up line available at Sephora or Ulta?
Makeup forever is a good Paris based brand, nice colors and good brush selection. It is meant for professional use just like MAC. They actually have the same prices. MAC is more user friendly so if you like Makeup forever stuff then you'll love MAC.





At sephora:


Complexion-Bare minerals or Nars liquid foundation or stuff from Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown


Eyeliner - Urban decay


Eyeshadow - Nars, Urban Decay, Elf,





I can't really vouch for one reliable brand from Sephora. Most of the brands there have their specialties and strengths and weeknesses so in my opinion you really can't go straight one brand. I wanted to be a straight MAC user but I don't like their mascara and don't want to spend $15 on eyeliners so I use other brands that suit my skin and needs.You have to try. Do a patch test too on your inner arm and wait for 20 mins for a reaction. If the product color appears like what it is in its container, and it works, and it doesn't irritate your skin then its a match...go get it...ask for samples..test some of their stuff...thats the only way to know what product is best for you, your skin type and your budget.
Sephora and Ulta are two of my favorite stores!





Regarding the complexion, it depends on what amount of coverage you are seeking. My sister swears by Make-up Forever because it lasts a long time and gives heavy coverage and their products (eye, lips, face) really do last forever, it seems.





It really depends on your budget. Have you investigated Nars brand cosmetics? They are won-der-ful!!
Try bare minerals. They are a all natural line of make-up and they are made for every skin type. They have eye shadow, eye liner, blush, etc. Make- up forever is a good line.. I just like Bare minerals better.
Stila, Tarte, Bare Escentuals, and Benefit Cosmetics.


B: Boo Boo Zap, Galactic Shield (clear up pimples, and conceal them- FAST)


BE: Bare Minerals


T: Just about anything


S: This brand rocks! The tinted moisturizer, eye shadow, Smudge Pot, high-shine lipstick (lipgloss as a stick)...





Those are my faves and I've never tried Makeup Forever. I've saw it, but never tried any.
Urban Decay, Too Faced and Stila are brands that I have tried from Sephora. Also check out Sephora brand products too.
Smashbox is great, their liquid eyeliner is the best.





And Hollywood swears by Nars.
A brand that's all-around that's found at Sephora is the Benefit brand. It has a very fat eyeliner pencil that works wonders and has a cream eyeshadow that works just for your skin color!








Make-up forever was actually created for performers for water ballet. Trust me, this make-up will stay on while you swim! But it's not found at all Sephora stores and this brand is pretty pricy. But if you're willing to spend a fortune, go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder