Monday, June 21, 2010

Should I let my 11 and 12 year old step daughters wear make up and shave their legs?

The girls live with me, and of course they want to do both of these things. But I'm not sure if they are old enough. They are in 6th and 7th grade.Should I let my 11 and 12 year old step daughters wear make up and shave their legs?
That's plenty old enough to shave legs. But I would restrict the makeup...don't want them to look bad. How about lip gloss, and you could have a female bonding experience by showing them how to apply other makeup products tastefully. My mom never did that and I always regret never having that beautiful experience. Make sure you show them how to shave so they don't cut themselves up. Like esp[ecially around the backs of knees and ankles. I did a number on myself. I wish my mom had been there...Should I let my 11 and 12 year old step daughters wear make up and shave their legs?
Yes!! It means much more to a girl when they can wear make up and shave. They feel better and prouder. Atleast let her wear eyeliner or eyeshadow. Dot be so protective nothing is bad about makeup. It just makes a girl more attractive. Report Abuse

tha 7th grader can wear a little makeup but none of them should shave there legs
No if they live under your house they live under your rules so go up to there rooms and say NO!!
Well the 12 year old can shave her legs and wear make up that doesn't look like she is wearing make up. But I don't think so about the other one.
im 14 and trust me, other kids will notice if they cant or dont shave. shaving can be a pain. show them how and if they dont go for it, suggest nair hair removal lotion, which lasts about a week. as for the makeup, keep it to lip gloss and nail polish, for special events, let them wear a little more.
u noe wut thats non of ur bussnies let there parents decide stop acting liek ur there parent
I let mine to wear make up, there is plenty of kids' make up available. However, shaving legs before they turn at least 16 is not a good idea because it will make matters worse later, it can cause their hair to grow so excessively that it will be a pain throughout their entire adult life.
yeah that's old enough...not too much makeup...
i think shaving is okay if they need to


and for makeup, only let them wear a little. especially with the 6th grader
i think they're old enough to shave their legs. but about the make up, you should only let them wear lip gloss/lipstick. as they get older, you can let them do the whole deal. but for now, too much make up looks BAD.
I think if the girls actually do need to shave, then it would be alright to allow them to do that. Make sure you show them the safe way to do it and supervise it in the beginning.





As for make-up...girls are wearing it too early and too much of it. I don't think I would allow it. If there is a special occasion coming up, then maybe some lip gloss and neutral eye shadow, with a slight brusing of blush. For every day wear, lip gloss would be the max until they are older.





when the time does come, have a ';party'; of it and show them the proper way of wearing it. Maybe take them someplace to where they can show how to do it right and with the right colors for their skin.





I have a niece that her mom allows her to wear full make-up, pluck eyebrows, and shave. She is only 13 and looks like she's 21...looks way too old for her age and that is trouble!





Kids need to be kids for awhile, as much as they fight it. We are the parents and it's up to us to say no!





Good luck!
yeah, we started shaving our legs when we were in seventh. there's nothing wrong with that. but make up? no way, dude.
They should only shave if they need it, and want to... when they need to. If not, then you should make them wait a few years... they are still really young.. TOO young to wear make-up. No matter what.. they willl have more than 1/3 of their lives to wear makeup and shave... let them wait..
No, they are still too young. They are going to attract attention themselves. You do not want boys or grown men running after them. Let them be girls no need for make up or shaving of the legs.
YES, YOU SHOULD. I started to use make up when I was 12
I was in 5Th grade when I started to shave my legs as far as the makeup well I would say yes if it was just the 7th grader but since you have a 6th grader also you don't want her to say it is not fair. I would say I don't see a problem with it as long as it is light and little nothing heavy. I know however when I was in 7th grade I was wearing dark makeup so actually I would let them cause no matter what you say they will do it anyways whether it is putting it on at school and taking it off before they get home. Wouldn't you rather them come to you then do it behind your back.
to shave, i think it is too early, i do know shaving hair in early year that would make problem with them when they are old, i think they can wait some time more, make up hmmmmm, very child to pretend an adult..........dont you think so???
Yes let them but always assure them that they are beautiful without make up. As for the shaving they have to be in shorts in gym class. The other girls WILL notice, you can tell them no but you are going to be sentencing them to torture.
yes. i started shaving my legs in fourth grade and i started wearing make up when i was about their age. just go shopping for make up with them so they get the right colors and stuff.
I'm 15 %26amp; i've been shaving my legs since I was 10 (so I guess I think its ok), but I don't know about the make up part maybe a lilttle older like say around 13.
sure as long as you know they know how to shave and not use way too much make-up
just lip gloss, and if they have really hairy legs then, yea
I think it is okay if they shave their legs. I also think makeup at that age is okay in moderation. Dont shelter them too much. They should also know that people will not like them better if they are wearing makeup, just being themselves will work better than makeup.
YES! of course they should shave their legs, makeup maybe only for now the 7th grader but only a bit of lip gloss and mascara nothing big. ..
OK I am turnng 12 soon, my advice is that if their legs are causing them to be made fun of, let them, cause it will bring their confedence from a 10 to a -10 trust me. i know. but if it is just cause they want to dont let themm unless they have hairy legs! as far as make up goes, not too much, maybe lip gloss and eyeshow and to curl their lashes. and if the pimples black heads etc.. hit, concealer is good. Once they hit their period give them more advantages beacause they are becoming women! and that my advice
If they really need to shave their legs, let them. You don't want them going around their school with hairy legs. It's kinda nasty. As for the makeup, you should let them wear just a little make up. Just some lip gloss and maybe a little eye shadow.
Don't let them shave!!!! They will have to do it on a regular basis and they wont like that. Tel them that the hari will start to get darker and darker when they shave.





The make-up should be ok, just buy them pale pinks and such to go out, but letting them have fun with it in the house in semi-darker colors might be ok. Your choice!





Good luck!





P.S. I have 2 younger sisters, I have been through this.
i am in 6th grade. i shave my legs. some of my friends dont because they have very blonde hair and you cant see it. if it is noticable then yes let them shave their legs. makeup lets see. a little mascara is what i wear. if they have red spots or pimples or un-even spots then let them wear conceler or foundation or cover-up. lip-gloss fine. make-sure they start wearing moisturizer. hope i could help. just make sure its all natural just not bright eyeshadow and red blush. tan or cream and a pale pink is fine.
yes - they feel left out - i know this because i am their age and everyone wears makeup at my school!!!
yeah you should !im 12 and i wear makeup and shave my legs!DUH u should!
shave yes. wear makeup @ like 13. well @ least start jus simple things like eyeliner , eyeshaddow,lipgloss. as theyget older they can advance to lipstick etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder