Monday, June 21, 2010

Do you think that 8 years old too young to start wearing make-up?

I'm having trouble with my nagging daughter!





I think it is ok, what do you think?Do you think that 8 years old too young to start wearing make-up?
depends on what kind


im not really the girl to get motherly advice from, seeing as im 13, but i only started wearing makeup now, and im 14 in like 2 months =) and im only wearing mascara, eyeshadow when bothered and lipgloss





if its just lipgloss then fine, 10 is maybe ok to wear mascara, still a little young thoughDo you think that 8 years old too young to start wearing make-up?
8 is definetly way too young, maybe alittle lip gloss thats it. You would want your daughter to grow up caking on makeup do you?
omg no 8years old is way to young to start wearing makeup. try getting her some fruity flavor lip barms that should keep her happy
My daughter at 8 played with my make-up all of the time. She doesn't wear it out, just to play and she doesn't really want to wear it out either. I'd get her those little gloss things for kids and let her wear them and tell her that is all she can wear. She should be fairly satisfied with that for a while.
nooo, at eight years old she should be playing and not have a care in the world, especially one concerning if she looks hot. isn't she only in 3rd grade or something like that?
Definitely too young. You are the mother and have to make the rules and don't waiver. You have to maintain control now or she will always take advantage of you. Little girls need to be little girls and not try and look like women.
8 years old is much to young to wear makeup on any kind. Clear lip gloss yes, use sun screen if you are concern with the sun. Young people are growing up to soon these days


Despite TV and videos makeup is for adults not children.


She would be nagging for several more years if it was my child.
No, unless it's a flavored chapstick. Do you want her to be hit on by nasty pervs?
Well, depends how much she wears. If its jst a lipstick like there are some, for kids..then i find it ok. But make sure she doesnt get addicted to it and become spoild. It can be normal though, the fact that she wants..
NOT MAKE UP!!!!!!!!!! i'm 12 and make-up is completely overrated.i didnt gt 2 wear lipgloss until i was 11. now this is my third day i gt my nails done (tips).once. she should only wear light lipgloss AND THAT'S IT! TELL HER TO BE MORE FOCUSED IN SCHOOL. DO U WANT MEN CHECKING HER OUT!!!!!!!!! (sexual predators, sick men) u think about it.
heck yes! jus let her wear like lip gloss and thats it tell her when shes 11ish she'll be allowed to wear more
8 Years old too young to wear makeup? Most friggin certainly! My mom wouldn't even let me wear just blush until I was in junior high!
I would NOT let my daughter wear make-up to school at age 8. I teach 4th grade. I only have a few students who ever wear make-up they are the same students who I have to send to the office because their tops and/or skirts break the dress code standards. They are the same students who I have to reprimand for playing with their makeup rather than paying attention to the lessons. I think it is a distraction at that age and I think it sends a wrong message about where her focus should be. I have taught for 3 years and so far none of the students who have earned all As in 4th grade were makeup wearers. I guess you need to think about what kinds of goals you want your daughter to have.
a light lip gloss is ok...maybe some eyeshadow...nothing more should be needed until at least 12
8 is a little young. Maybe you can let her have some of that clear lipstick in a lipstick case and some powder, stuff that doesnt really show up or look too obvious, and some barbie pink nailpolish
I think that's a bit young for makeup. You don want men to start checking her out do you?? You shoud watch 'To Catch A Predator' on MSNBC than think about this question.
not if you live in the middle east, many babies wear dark eye make up, something to do with the sun
8 years old? Hmmmmm.....I can see maybe the kind that's made especially for kids, but what's her hurry? Maybe just let her use some to play dress up. Hopefully, this won't be a daily routine.





Good luck!
yeah duhh, i started when i was 5!


and im 13 and i dotn wear that much only eyeliner maskerica., eye shadow or w/e and cover up sometimes.


but make sure your doughter washes her face, at night so she doesnt break out.
i couldnt wear lip gloss until 10
Lip Gloss, and for play, but like masckera is overratted, and eyeliner.
shes too young 4 makeup try to put some vaseline on her lips as if its a lipgloss
I think your the mom...


My daughter wore make-up that young...inside the house only! She became very good at it and by 8th grade when she could wear it to school she did a very good job. She is 16 now and doesn't regret that she had rules to keep her a kid when she was one...so many of the little hoochies who could wear revealing clothes, make-up etc...don't have fun as teens taking care of their toddlers.
I am thirteen, and I am not allowed to wear makeup until I go to highschool. I'm not saying do this too, but 8 years old is pretty young--you don't want her to grow up and be a ..............(I'll let you think up of that word
What's the rush? Kids are trying to grow up way too fast; they are not adults!
Lip gloss is fine. Nothing else. I didn't even know what makeup did when I was 8.
Lip gloss and nail polish is fine. But use lip balms first to prepare lips. I think she should not start wearing the other stuff until she is in her middle teens/young adult age. That way she won't grow up to be a you-know.
hmm....i would let her start to wear lip glos.....eye shadow maybe in two or three years but i would say blush and mascara should be worn like when she's thirteen or fourteen...cuz im almost fourteen and i just started to wear make up!!!!
Very light lipgloss is okay.


Mascara and eyeliner for special occasions (school plays, etc.) only, I think.


Nail polish and fruity, light perfume is always ok.


I started with makeup when I started middle school. My Mom took me to the Clinique counter and got pro advice for me. She also ispected my ';work'; whenever I left the house. I think that was a pretty good system. I didn't grow up to be a drag queen, lol :)


Good luck!


I was naggin' too when I was eight.
i think it's ok for her to pay for her own makeup





nothign too dark- lip gloss and maybe some eye shadow if she REALLY insists
Yes she's too young. Not only because she's young but also because makeup has a lot of CHEMICALS in it. Especially since, to make makeup cheaper, companies use less reliable and cheaper ingredients. You'd be subjecting her to earlier skin and body damage by letting her use makeup now, when her body is growing and is most vulnerable to chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder