Monday, June 21, 2010

I have very oily skin, I get some acne. I feel Iike I have to shower all the time. What is the best make-up?

My hair even get greasy when I wear it down and it touches my face. What should I do?I have very oily skin, I get some acne. I feel Iike I have to shower all the time. What is the best make-up?
my face also used to be very oily. i think part of it has to do with hormones. i use neutrogena clean makeup. it's oil free and wont clog pores. i make sure all my makeup is like that. in the shower i wash my face with st ives apricot blackhead removal scrub a couple times a week and the other days just with plain old dove soap. before bed i use cetaphil and then put a light layer of aveeno lotion on. throughout the day if i feel it getting oily i use blotting sheets. i also dust on a loose powder on top of all my makeup to help absorb. i steer clear of cokes and junk food and try and eat lots of fruits and drink lots of water. i know it sounds cliche but it certainly helps. if there are particular spots that are very oily you can dab some tea tree oil on a cotton ball before bed and lightly dab on spot. tea tree oil is great for skin. good luck!I have very oily skin, I get some acne. I feel Iike I have to shower all the time. What is the best make-up?
'They also have Oil Blot papers that you can use when you are out and about and help to reduce oil production by 20% over repeated use.'





really doubt the above comment. no blotting papers can do that! dont be so silly. beware of people who try to sell you things. we are here to give unbiased advice





you dont have to shower all the times. dont wash your face more than twice a day. use a salicylic face wask line garnier clean and fresh as it is not to harsh which can aggravate acne. stop touching your face as that stimulates oil. try to keep fresh so if its hot put the fan on and avoid humid conditions. drink plenty of water, exercise regularly and try to eat fruit





use blotting papers to keep your skin fresh-the superdrug brand are cheap and effective. use an oil free foundation and buy a brush because it gives better coverage but make sure you wash it frequently!! change your pillow sheet often and try to splash your face with cold water at the end whenever you wash your face and this will close pores. dry your face witha fresh paper towel or flannel every day by patting the skin gently - try to massage your face when your washing it too.





the biggest secret i have to tell you is that if your acne is really bad you should try a contraceptive pill called dianette - it really works but takes a few months but make sure you get all the info you can before deciding to take it.





hope this helps a bit





oh, and keep your hair tied up!


tcxoxo
I know this isn't your main question but please try it. At night before bed make sure you throughly clean your face with ponds cold cream. Then use an alcohol free toner with a cotton ball. Make sure the cotton ball is clear not brown. After your face is dry take a new cotton ball and put calamine lotion in all your oily spots. Just lightly swipe it all over. You can find clear calamine...if you don't like the pink. Mineral makeup helps but it's the calamine lotion that takes care of it all the time. You can also spot treat the acne with the calamine. You will find that acne goes away over night. Let me know how this works.
Use prodcuts for oily prone skin.


Do you put a lot of conditioner?


If you do, you should stop because that can be the problem.


Only put condioner on your ends, NOT all over your hair.


If you do this and your hair is still oily - may condtioner is not for your hair type.


Shampoo your hair everyday and condtion once a week or every other week.


Also use hair products for oily hair - theres products that can help you with this.


Go to the mall or drugstore (whatever you perfer) and buy the products for YOU.


I recommend you use an oil free moisturizer - believe it or not oily skin ALSO needs to be moisturized and use mineral make up %26lt;--





Good Luck, Hope I helped.
for you hair...


use suave clarifying shampoo. it is clear and you can get it anywhere


my hair is very oily too and if i wash it in the morning it will be oily by lunch time..it sucks.


this is really great stuff. ihave been using it everyday for 2 years now and its only $1.50.





also only put conditioner on the ends and tips of your hair...


because when your putting it on the roots and top of your head... your just adding more oil when your trying to get rid of it...





and brushing your hair frequently brings out the oil *alot*..


brush sparingly and dont touch the roots or scalp...the oil from your fingers get into it...and makes it more greasy





ALL FROM EXEIRENCE OVER 2 YEARS...trust me
Why make-up?? Dont depend upon make-up to hid ur face problem.. Try face-wash like Garnier Pure to stop oil secretion. And also try out Garnier Pure Pen to zap out pimples..





Stop eating food which contains oil and u gotta stop eating junk food too.. Wash ur face atleast 3 times a day.. Include a diet in ur daily routine which contains alot of green vegetables and eat fruits/vegetables that contain a high amount of Vitamin C (WASH UR FACE WITH COLD WATER..RECOMMENDED BY EXPERTS).. Consult a doctor if your problem get worse than before..





For Oily hair:- Oily hair can be responsible for Acne as it can cause dandruff which might create acne in ur skin.. Wash ur hair 3 times a week.. Do not wash ur hair by using warm water. USE COLD WATER.Try out Anti-Dandruff shampoos to get the dandruff outta ur scalp.. If dandruff gets removed, acne cannot last long.





All the best!!
ditto babe


washing more wont help its dries out your face making your oil glands THINK you need more oil. then they make more!


only wash twice a day


i started to use tea tree oil %26amp; tea tree soap from body shop and it really helps control oil production and i get no new pimples


use mineral make up to! i like physicians formula about $12.


my bangs get greesy all the time because i always touch my face and then my hair!


i also started taking flaxseed oil capsules %26amp; it really does make you produce less oil on your face
Well honestly I wish I had more oily skin,.... Yes mine is kinda dry.. however my mom has oily skin.... we both use Merle norman makeup... they have a foundation called Lasting... This is waterproof base.. and it will actually take the oilyness away... its great.... anybody that has dry skin can try there Total Finish base this is kinda thick but the mostiure and coverage is amazing,,.... well good luck
I have the same problem. Loreal has a great mineral powder/foundation call Bare Naturale it did wonders for me. You can by it at walmart for like 12 bucks which is the cheap for mineral makeup and is definitely worth it.
for your face use


clean and clear oil absorbing sheets.


you can use as many as you want.


and you can even see the oil come off on the sheet.


[[urg. kinda nasty but atleast you know its working]]
I am so with you! I have the same problem.





I use Lancome's t-zone cream all over before I apply foundation, then I use Pure Mineral foundation. I also keep blotting papers with me at all times!





Good luck!
I'd try a dry foundation, like bare minerals, or even walmart brands. Anything wet you put on your face isn't going to last very long.
  • Eit International
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin disorder