Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How do you become a make-up artist?

I want to apply makeup for a living and I was told to go to school to become an esthetician but when I started we learned alot about spas but very little about makeup. I'm not interested in learning about facials and massages..just makeup. So is there a school or classes that I can go to that is just for makeup? Also how do you get a job at a makeup counter?How do you become a make-up artist?
There are some great Makeup schools in CA,( but I didnt go to them) I am a licensed Aesthetician in TN but I work as a makeup and wig artist at different


operas and shows. I suggest finding someone to intern with and become


an assistant. It is always great to start work at a makeup counter at a


mall, you can get loads of experience in that way. It's great to work


with many face shapes ,sizes and textures. you could also be a rep for


a makeup line and sell and get more experience that way also.i hope this helpsHow do you become a make-up artist?
A really good school is Marinello.


If you just want to do makeup like the girls from MAC they teach you in a few weeks and then you work for them.


Marinello is for professional makeup artists like for models.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder