Monday, November 30, 2009

They say asexuals make up about 1% of the population. Do you believe that?

I know people who just love being single and no desire to get intimate, I mean they probably classify themselves as straight because not everyone is familiar with the term ';asexual'; but still I think it's more common than they claim.They say asexuals make up about 1% of the population. Do you believe that?
My friend is straight and she hasn't been with a guy for a very long time (3 yrs). She is a bit of a prude, i would never discuss anything intimate with her, but she is a good laugh.





She's only 25 which is rare, but she says she just hasnt got the confidence to date guys cos she feels ugly.


I think she is asexual, and i think that this has influenced me because i haven't been with anyone for almost a year which is tooooo long!!!!They say asexuals make up about 1% of the population. Do you believe that?
I'm not sure, since i don't understand the sexual drive of the human brain (i'm not even going to try to understand the workings of it). The biology of wanting sex with the opposite sex to procreate is obviously flawed hence homosexuals so it's not the 'normal natural' way unless all homosexuals are sexually wrong (...how? They still have the ability to procreate). I guess why not, asexuals probably exist and they get more trouble than homosexuals even since hardly anybody knows what they are.
many people misunderstand what the word asexual means. an asexual person is someone who has no sexual attraction to anything whatsoever. this does not include religious people who are ';celibate';, because they still have sexual desires, they just repress them.





the real number is probably lower than 1%.
thank you for rewording your question, now you make more sense ^-^........just because someone loves being single doesn't mean that they are asexual.....they just like being single....i do understand what your saying.....just out of curiosity where did you hear this fact, I've never heard it before.....
I think it might be higher than that. I classify myself as bisexual, but I'm not eager to get back into a relationship either, so I don't know what's up with me. Because at least now, that sounds like me.
I would think that 1% is probably a bit low but it is difficult to get accurate figures on this sort of thing so I suspect the 1% is as accurate as you are going to get
I've only known one truly asexual person but that's not really conclusive proof either way
anythings possible, i don't think i'm asexual but im still a virgin.
to many religious buff fall into this category, must be more than 1%.
I think that's a bit high for true asexuals.
My wife is one.
Well I'm one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder