Monday, November 30, 2009

How do I make up places?

I'm going to write a fiction book and I want to make places up, like countries, towns, and oceans. Help me out! I've got writer's block!How do I make up places?
in depends mostly in which place the story is set up and which time ( yr., month) and what type of story (the genre).


If its complete fantasy then weird names


if partial fantasy, then normal names. best not too make up all the names


some fictional names: berona, silicia, palacanar, rasant ocean, the roughnic, teirm, raesal, bedou, karten, aussere ocean, erith, rimany,namarre, darttnornton etc.


its best to name places difficult to pronounce. in most fictional books, i see that most of the made - up names aare difficult to pronounce.How do I make up places?
Try googling a random place generator, or maybe take parts and pieces of places you know and turn them into places. But not something really large, like Miami. Say...Hartfort. Not sure if it's a real place, but it sounds realistic. Or maybe Warrensworth. Good luck!
Start with the ending: ville, worth, City, land, shire, town/ton, ford...





Then think of a prefix- for example, you might try Sea City or Shoreville or whatever you feel like.
You don't need to make up a place. You can search cities online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder